Sunday 21 September 2014

Take Every Chance, Drop Every Fear.

So as some of you know for the last year I have been living with my 4 brothers in quite a small house (the home we have had forever that as we have grown has just seemed smaller and smaller!). When I came back from uni and needed a space we split the lounge in two and half has been my 'corner' for the year!

With just 34 days to go and knowing mum wants to sell the house while I'm away I'm having to pack up all the stuff I want to keep and give it to her for safekeeping at my nanna's house.

Going through all my things deciding what I will need has made it really begin to sink in that I'm actually leaving my entire family (including the brown ones and jasper) quitting my job and heading halfway across the world into the unknown!! It's surreal and crazy and I go from being so excited to so freaked out (sometimes within minutes of each other)!

It is becoming scarily real rather than just a dream that will never happen. One of the hardest things so far has been giving mum my entire collection of karate books I have spent the last 3 years collecting and protecting!

I've chosen 5 that I feel I 'need' although as packing commences in the next couple of weeks I may have to whittle them down further!!

I'm just hoping now that the next 4 weeks fly by and I don't have a complete melt down before that- I need to stop thinking about what I'm leaving behind and look at what I'm heading into!!

As Dan said, this is the most amazing opportunity and the best things come from taking the bigger risks!!
I will benefit so much from doing this and they will always be here for me to come back to and with the technology we can communicate all the time- these boys are my biggest supporters and my world. Sometimes I think they believe in me more than I believe in myself!!

#brotherlylove

No comments:

Post a Comment