Sunday 22 February 2015

Catch up

So I haven't done my blog in far too long. I have a LOT of catching up to do! 
It's been really busy here, I've been doing some fun stuff, but also been going through a difficult time with struggling with the language, food, karate seems to become more challenging every lesson! 
So the past couple of weeks I've been working more at the bar too because I want to save to buy a moped because cycling everywhere is becoming far too much hard work and I can't go as far as I would like because it takes longer and its a lot of effort! 
So, in the past month I've been to Tomashiki Island, my first time to another island and my first time off okinawa since I arrived! 
I ran the 10k road (mountain!) course and did it in 1.09 hours! I was 77th out of 169 runners and was 24th of the 79 ladies that ran! 
I was SO happy with that! 
Got the most beautiful medal too! 
I've been spending time with my best buds here, 
Lots of laughing... 
Fitting In sleep wherever we can!
I've been introducing the okinawans to fudge... 
(Probably giving half the population diabetes!) 
I've been part of an amazing karate demonstration as part of the Matsubayashi ryu Crew here!! :D 
I also got to watch some incredible karate, literally in awe of these 5 Sensei. They are fantastic. 
We spend the mornings running in beautiful places and lifting heavy weights...
Just so we can bake pie and not feel bad for eating it... 
We hit hard things and we bleed, but that just makes us stronger, we are becoming warriors... 
We spend afternoons playing Robin Hood... 
And we find strange creatures under the sofas... 
Finally, we both eat ampanman, and be brave just like him... 

Even when it feels hard, this is still the most incredible thing I've ever done. 
Everyday I'm here, I am falling in love with the island more and more. 
I never want to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment