Wednesday 25 March 2015

150 days- 25th March

Today marks being on Okinawa for 150 days. 
It has been the best 150 days of my life so far. I've achieved things I never ever imagined I would be doing. I have been training with the best karate Sensei in the world, I have pushed myself to my physical limits and smashed them, only to keep pushing. 

I'm discovering how strong I really am, I'm learning independence and I'm becoming creative. 
I'm finding what I love and what I'm good at. 

Literally just being here on the island is therapeutic- everything is beautiful. 

From the morning runs along the river while the sun rises, the Eagles fly and herons catch fish, karate classes where you literally sweat so much that the colours in your vest leaks into your Gi and you start feeling dizzy to not wanting to go to bed because being awake and laying on a warm sandy beach in your pyjamas watching the stars with your work buddies until the early hours of the morning is far more fun. 

I'm probably the fittest I've ever been In my life. I never imagined being able to run  10k, or clean and press 35kg weights or climb ropes or do more than 10 continuous press ups. Turns out I can proudly say I can do all of that and more. 

I'm nowhere near where I want to be physically and every day is still a battle with food (and rules) but I am leaps and bounds further than I was this time last year. I need to be proud of that. 

Next on the agenda is a visit from oto-San and oka-San (papa and wife) - I'm excited. It's going to be another exhausting month but it is incredible and I love it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment