Sunday 11 March 2018

My New Adventure

I've started teaching karate to the children.
Which is something i never thought I would do or at least not until i was 'old'.
It's something i still don't quite feel ready to do, but as my sensei once said: 'you will 'grow into' your belt' - i'm hoping to 'grow into' this new role too.
Since we started this new venture a couple of months ago I've ended up with a class of six really cool kids.
I think they're learning and having fun, i'm definately enjoying it a lot more than i expected. it's fun because everything becomes a game to them, they are pushing me to learn because they ask questions and see things in a way i never did. 
It's really rewarding to watch them learn and grow in both karate but also in English ability. 
It's amazing how fast they can progress when they come often and do their best. 
At first i think we were all super nervous (naturally) but now i'm relaxing into it and the kids are following suit and enjoying the space and time that they get to spend in the dojo. 
We have some really cool events coming up, including the 100 kobudo kata challenge (which the kids are going to try!) as well as some 'in the dojo' activities and events. I'm really looking forward to the next few months and seeing how everything develops. 




No comments:

Post a Comment