Saturday 28 May 2016

Habu Sensei, Matsuda Sensei and Meobukan

Today was a good day, this cold is just starting to take hold but we were going to see habu Sensei and actually get to train with him tonight so nothing will stop that. 
We stopped by at the blue cave for snorkelling first- the ocean and the fish were incredible but the cave wasn't quite how the guide leaflets made it out to be! 
Got some oni giri and onto habu sensei's house. We had coffee together (he gave me another one of Soma sensei's mugs- now I have two very special cups!) 
Then we got to join in the kids class- there were so many of them! Habu Sensei is strict with the small ones but they all still love him. Matsuda Sensei was there too. We all swapped kata and got to try one of their own original ones that Matsuda Sensei made (I can't remember the name!) it's fast, snappy and very very cool. 
Then we all change and shower and go to the fish resturant. There was a LOT of beer and awamori plus lots of good food fish, sashimi, tempura, oni giri, Goya champuru and miso shiru. 
I really love to be around these Sensei, they're incredible people and karateka. 
The advice to heal my cold- take awamori and swish it around your mouth a bit- then blow it out your nose. 
Don't think I'll try that remedy yet!! 
We stayed at habu Senseis house and after dinner spent some time in the dojo drinking and chatting. 
Best part of the morning was that the boys clearly have a hangover and so habu Sensei gets the eggs from his ducks (they live on his little land next door where he grows veggies!) he cracks them raw into the cup and makes the boys drink it. I really really thought they were going to throw up. They didn't so we went to eat pancakes. 
I love bananas and I love pancakes, can't think of a better way to start the day. 
Then as a bonus we stopped at Yara castle ruins in chatan on the way to add another to my list. Don't think we saw it all though! It's a bit of a maze! 
I need to google earth the spot and go explore again when I'm feeling better. 
It's surprisingly close to Kyan Senseis memorial. 
Stopped at the supermarket on the way home, bought a giant box of Kleenex and some juice and went home to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment