Monday 2 May 2016

Kokoro, Greek food and Camping...

We went camping to ike jima again. We did this last year - I think around the same time. 
We went for the Little Greek Kitchen's Mayday/ Greek Easter party.
We had some incredible food, a beautiful beach (hammock to read in!) and great weather. 
The food was great- fresh Greek salad, lamb and rosemary and pitta bread with really good sauces. 
We had some food then went over to the beach to put the tents up. 
Pretty great view from the tent eh. 
The boys did archery while I finished reading my book in the hammock,  I got it recently and I was really enjoying it.  
It's called Kokoro. I was in the book shop and it caught me because it's a word I actually understand- it means heart. 
Not quite what I was expecting but nevertheless a brilliant book. 
 I went for a wander around the island- it's like what I imagine old Okinawa to be like. 
We have some more food - Pamela was incredible at looking after us (and everyone else) and we go to bed. 
I stayed up and watched the stars for a while- incredible what you can see when you're away from the light of the cities and houses. 
I didn't sleep much, lots of smoke from our fire (the wind kept changing) and being outside in general meant every sound woke me up.
On the plus side this happened at 6am. 
It felt as though the entire world was alsleep except me.
Everything was so quiet and peaceful and beautiful.  
We stayed at Pamela's for the morning and then we made our way home. 
Sunday was a good day. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment