Friday 18 March 2016

Carrots, cake and the last day of school

So recently I've been so crazy busy, I've been starting writing posts and not finishing or uploading them so I'll just do all of that now. 
There was a day a couple of weeks ago where all I wanted to do was eat cake, now I haven't found a cake I really like that I can buy on the island yet and so naturally this means I need to bake it if I want one. We went to karate in the morning and then James and I went to the reuse shop to try and find a chair to go with my desk, we got one. I also got the coolest new knife set. Very excited to be chopping everything up! 
Then I will go to the bar to make my cake, I wanted to make coffee and chocolate cake but James got choice because I forgot my keys in his car and he had to drive back to mine to give them to me. 
James chose carrot cake. Not exactly a surprise, he doesn't get bored of it. Ever. 
As carrots must be in season and were so cheap I made lots of ninjin shiri shiri for breakfast to go with my rice and soup. 
It's basically stir fried carrots and onions with egg (and I added a bit of bacon). It's good. 
I'm going to add in other bakes I've done recently here too. 
I make the pizza for the bar, today I got a bit bored of all the rectangles and so I made a octopus: 
A leg fell off so I ate it. As you do. 
I've also been trying to eat and make more fish, considering it's so cheap and there's so much of it here. 
I made these chilli and lime fish cakes. 
And I made cheesecakes, two for seli's birthday and one for Habu Sensei. 
I did a triple chocolate one, mixed berry one and a chilli, lime and vanilla one for habu Sensei. 
I think he liked it! He wouldn't exactly tell me if it was terrible anyways!!


No comments:

Post a Comment