Friday 18 March 2016

Never ever give up.

So things have been a bit hard recently, in all kinds on ways. Not ones I want to share with the world particularly but those who are close know and (I hope!) they understand. 
Seems what I need to do spends a lot of the day staring me in the face. 
Funny thing is, I got this written in Japanese so no one in England could understand it - except me. Now I'm here and everyone understands! Shoganai - there's nothing I can do about it now. I chose Japanese because I love Japan and Okinawa and the culture here. 
When I'm finding the world all too much of a big scary horrible place (I think as we all do sometimes) I like to go to probably my favourite place in Okinawa- the peace park. It is simply the most beautiful, calming place I've ever been. 
It's so big there's so many places besides the main section to go and explore, hide and reflect on everything. 
The idea of the peace park is all about having the 'Okinawan heart and spirit' -it's remembering and learning about the history of the island and life but forgiving and developing resilience to move on and keep going- I think I need to develop one of those! 
I think Okinawan people are incredible and hopefully by being here I can learn as much as I can off them. Which in turn will make me the best person I can be. 
The first step in doing that is to never ever give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment