Saturday 29 August 2015

29th August 2015

Today I woke up earlier than yesterday, although not sleeping any earlier (3-3.30am) it seems to be a inbuilt response to karate days, however Sensei left for his trip to Europe this morning so the normal classes won't be happening for a while. However I still wanted to train and not spend the whole day being lazy again so decided with James we would train in the office. 
Started around half 11 and decided after a warm up we would work up through all 18 kata a couple of times each. 
This gave us a pretty good sweat in itself, it's hard and very hot here recently! 
Still- there's a huge reminder why we are training right here! 
Something silly like 56 days until karate day!! 
That would mark my year here too- been incredible and has flown by! 

Then we got talking and as I've said a lot recently I want to try something new to do alongside my karate, I think I have a firm enough base in karate to be able to enjoy and benefit from new stuff. 
So, we decided to work on groundwork mainly judo/ jujitsu style. 
After three hours of training, my minds made up- I so need to learn this more. It was a lot of fun and potentially will just make me that bit more lethal ;) 
Lots of sweating, lots of chokes, lots of locks. I think It would complement my karate perfectly! 

Then downstairs to prep for our giant summer bbq tomorrow! 
There's gonna be a LOT of good food and a lot of fun. 

Finally, my treat of the day. James bought me a sugar cane. 
Gonna spend the night chewing sugar. 
I'm cool like that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment