Wednesday 9 September 2015

Sunday 6th September

Today I got to watch some of the best karateka in the world perform some absolutely incredible kata and kumite. 
I went to the yomitan 2015 karate demonstration. 

There was a 82 year old Sensei who is just the most perfect example of what karate can do for longevity. He was just amazing. 



Habu Sensei is pure inspiration, his kata is immense, strong and fierce but when he is teaching and working with the children and with people he is just the softest, kindest, most friendly guy I've ever met. 



This event showed the true essence of karate, a mixture of ryu ha, a mixture of people all coming together to share their love of karate and kobudo. 

I got some brilliant videos, turns out a iPad is pretty good at recording! Dropbox is filling up fast! 

I've got a lot to try and keep up with on this little island! 


No comments:

Post a Comment