Monday 30 November 2015

Back the beginning... Goju Ryu...

Today was amazing. 
In total I've spent 8 hours of the day training karate, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. It made me feel so alive, I've learnt an immense amount and met the most amazing people. In my world I've met my inspirations- my role models. 
'Have a Devils fist and a saints heart' (Nagamine Shoshin Sensei). The Sensei I've met so far are the epitomy of this.


The longer I'm around people like this the less I want my own dojo- living up to the role of Sensei is an immense responsibility. 
I got to train Goju Ryu with Higaonna Sensei and Seneha Sensei today. It was amazing, Higaonna Sensei says training karate is like sharpening a pencil, getting more precise as it gets sharper. 
He said to look, listen and sweat (and then repeat, a lot!) 
He said to have a cats feet and a tigers hands. 
He is just the nicest guy ever, another guy I'm incredibly lucky to have been able to train with and experience today. I could not have asked for a more memorable first time ever doing Goju Ryu. 
To make things a bit more fabulous I got some more signatures in my book. 
Sakumoto Sensei was very cool too. He was the most popular with the young athletes because he trains the world champion, he is the national team coach!
Nakahodo Sensei was lovely too. 
It was amazing how many incredible karateka were in the same place. From the new younger generation to the sports karate athletes to the incredible current generation of masters. 
Teryua Sensei and Seneha Sensei were bonuses, couldn't get a pic with Seneha Sensei but my book is really starting to become special now. 

What a special day I've had. A great way to end November and hopefully start a good December. 
I feel like me again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment