Friday 27 November 2015

Karate, Castles, Coffee and Cake

Today was a action packed day and it's not even over yet. 
It's cold here. Not as cold as England but by Okinawa standards it's cold! 
Was a early start today because I went with James for his morning karate class. We did three almost hour long classes, I helped a bit, was all a bit nerve racking but by the third class it was going well! The plan was then to go and see Soma Sensei who does famous pottery on the island, but he was busy today so instead I found a new castle ruins I wanted to see ,it wasn't far away so we decided to do that on the way back instead. 
Chibana castle ruins is one of the lesser known ones on the island as far as I can tell. 
In fact after climbing for what felt like forever, we made it to the top of these stairs and there was no castle there! Just a tourist viewpoint where the castle was. This wasn't great news but there had to be more to see. 
We followed the other path to find that this was where uni- ufugusuku's Haka is. 
He has a really interesting and cool story of his life. Check him out on Wikipedia if you have chance! He's a cool dude! 
This was a really impressive Haka- really built into the hillside. 
This was a bit of a jungle explore and there was lots to see! 
We found a cave too- naturally, I let James go first... 
Then we headed back to Naha to meet Chris and Yuki, I was pleased to let Chris know I've got to 30 signatures in my book- just another 26 to go!! Hopefully I'll get a few more over the weekend at the competition and seminar. 
So we went to a really nice hotel for coffee and cake! 
Anyone would think we have nothing better to do! Except it's important for us to have some time to get together and chill, well more me tagging along for the cake and coffee really. 
Then I got to cuddle my chichai tomodachi. 
I adore this babe. 
Then work tonight. Today has been non- stop, but it's good. 
The dark clouds are lifting and I'm feeling like me again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment