Tuesday 24 November 2015

Rengokai 25th Anniversary Demonstration

Today I got on Melvin and did my biggest explore yet. Except it wasn't exploring, I went to Okinawa city for the Rengokai 25th Anniversary karate demonstration. 
I got a free ticket off of James, so why waste it when I have Melvin that means I can disappear off to these things by myself for the day now. 
I had to ride Melvin all the way to Okinawa city for this one. It took about a hour and I wasn't going stupidly slow either! (But also not going stupidly fast, firstly because it's scary and secondly because Melvin doesn't go very fast!) 
This was the closing speech, again Shimabukuro Sensei wowed with his version of kusanku. I remember the first time I saw him do it in 2012 at the Seibukan karate demonstrations, I was speechless then, as I was yesterday. 
These Sensei are just incredible. 
Saw some fantastic karate demonstrations and got my book signed by 5 more of the masters. This means I'm at 30 signatures now, just 26 more to go! 
I'm really glad I went, and driving Melvin that far helped me feel a bit more comfortable with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment