Tuesday 24 November 2015

Baking, Okinawa Style...

Today we baked. 
I made pizza for the bar as usual but while we were waiting for the yeast to do its thing we made touganzuki and cinnamon scones. We made it smell like Christmas! 
This is a apple pie that one of Hisano's friends brought to the bar for us. We gave him some scones in return! 
James decided he wanted all the cream. More cream than scone, but hey, if we can't have the real thing we will get as close as we can!! 
Next on the baking list is mince pies. I don't think they will match proper ones because it's impossible here because half the ingredients don't exist! However I will do my best and hopefully some kind people from England will take pity on us and send us some. 
I don't even really like mince pies. It's just a Christmas thing that you have to do, right? 
It simply isn't Christmas without them.



No comments:

Post a Comment