Sunday 26 October 2014

100 Kata Challenge- Ananku

So as the title suggested we chose Ananku as our 100 kata. To coincide with  Okinawa so we all did it simotaneously we started at 10pm our time- 6am Okinawa time. (Cake was waiting at the finish line!) 
Turns out this was much more of a 'challenge' than I was expecting!! We did it in a hour and a half and all ended up quite sweaty- which rendered one gi useless before I even arrive on Okinawa! Still Shureido- here I come!! (To blue the embroidery or not is another question for another post!!) 

I thought a group selfie after the kata was necessary. :) 

Inge and Karen definitely earned cake!!

I'm very proud of achieving 100 kata in that time- at a good standard and if I forget Ananku now I will have to eat a shoe. (I have got to stop saying I'll eat shoes!!) 

Still- off to catch a plane to Okinawa today- I feel like I've been waiting for this day to come for a long (long) time!! Let's hope it's as amazing as I hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment