Tuesday 12 January 2016

A snake day...

After karate with Mr Mike this morning we went to Yomitan to see Habu Sensei, he had caught a snake and wanted us to take it and eat it! 
I'm not so sure about the eating part! 
So, we got there and he has a snake in the box, pours it onto the floor and James picks it up. It's a Nishike Hebi- it isn't poisonous but can bite and it will hurt but it is naturally a constrictor. 
So, James is holding the snake, I'm not so sure about it- it looks like it wants to kill him. 
After a few minutes it calms down and Mr Mike takes the snake- it's cool. He liked it I think! 
Then they make me hold it. I did. It was okay. I preferred it when other people were holding it and I could look and touch - but get away fast if I needed to! 
It is actually quite a beautiful animal once you get up close. They have purple tongues. 
It's skin changes to stripy halfway down. 
Anyone remember the snake I found by the river a few months ago? 
Turns out we know what it is now!
They were both pretty big and habu Sensei thinks his was about 8 year old. 
We didn't take him home and kill it and eat it. We set him free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment