Monday 4 January 2016

Melvin broke... :/

So, I went running this morning and went to karate and then I decided to go and find the next angry house a bit further away than the other one. As I get to the burned out Land Rover (a landmark for finding the agri house) Melvin feels funny. I'm not sure what's wrong at first but something doesn't feel right. I caustiously continued another km ish and he starts to feel all wobbly- something is definitely wrong. 
I stop and check him and there's a hole in the side of the back wheel- not sure what caused it but had I gone much further it probably would have burned out and made me fall off. Abunai yo. 
It wasn't worn down like a car tyre does- there was a hole in the side of it that doesn't touch the road so I don't really understand that. 
However I caught it and didn't die. I walked with Melvin back towards the main road a km or so - I didn't want to risk driving it.
I make it back to the burned out land rover and there's a bike shop. Lucky I can read bike in Japanese eh.
So right now- there's a nice Man putting a new tyre on Melvin and while we are here I asked him to do a oil change too as he is due one now I've done over 2000 km. 
it's costing a small fortune and is an expense I didn't need. 
My new pair of vibram shoes might have to wait a while but having Melvin in a safe condition is more important than a hole in my shoe. 
I'll get paid from gaigo next week so I'll be fine until then. I can run in tabi. 
Poor Melvin. 
On the plus side I filled my fridge with lots of fruits, vegetables, eggs and chicken for just over ¥1000. Bargain. 
Should be fine for a week now and the new house rule with all the running- of it doesn't come from a agri house I can't eat it. 
Right now, I'm roasting aubergine, peppers, green beans and two types of tomatoes. Oishee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment