Monday 11 January 2016

Opening of the year ceremony at the Budokan

This morning was hard. We didn't finish work until 2.30 and then had to get up and go to the Budokan for 8.30 for the opening of the year ceremony. Tired was an unnderstatement- I felt like a zombie. 
Sensei demonstrated wankan, followed by Taira Sensei jnr, Arakaki Sensei jnr and Makishi Sensei doing wankan bunkai. 
It was great- they were perfect- snappy, sharp and precise. 
I feel Matsubayashi will have a great new generation if they continue and pass on what they have learnt. 
In the evening Sensei came over to the bar where he waited for Mr Mike to come- my friend is back for a week! :D 
I love this guy! 
We had a drink together and then Sensei went home. I think he was tired- it had been a very long but really good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment