Saturday 5 December 2015

Christmas is coming (Becka style!)

Today I realised its December and it doesn't feel like it! It's not like everything I've known. Christmas for us isn't a religious thing, it's a family thing. There was a few years where we didn't really have money so we decided not to buy each other anything and just have the day with lots of food and chilling together. 
Now I'm on the other side of the world and it's probably the hardest time of the year here, because I'm so far away from family and friends. 
So, I'm attempting to make things a bit more Christmassy myself. I attempted to make  mince pies, no one except James has any idea what I'm talking about and everyone thought i was baking a 'miltos pie'! now the name is confusing everyone that isn't English which is 99% of the people here and so I'm just calling them Christmas pies. 
They turned out good, I don't even like mince pies but it's a traditional English thing that makes me feel closer to home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment