Thursday 31 December 2015

おみそか

Today is New Year's Eve. Here in Okinawa/ Japan it is a big day. Everyone has to eat soba with their families. The long noodles symbolise living a long life. 
It's a day where families Come together and spend time together.
I'm so lucky- Hisano and James invited me to thier families house.  Not family but they made me feel like it. They are so so kind here. 
James and I went running this morning. We went a longer route. It was tough. Tokashiki will be hard. I'm not sure if I will be able to do it in a hour. I will give it my best shot but I just don't know if i can run it fast enough!
Here's the soba that Hisano's mum made - was really good! 
She made all this food too- oishee! 
And then we even got home made cake! 
Then I facetimed everyone- Sensei, brothers, dad. 
Messaged the other people and got the cutest picture of this little boy. 
I am so so proud of him and so lucky to be able to say I'm his auntie. He is a very special little boy and I love him to the moon and back. 
He is my favourite elf on the planet. Obviously. 
Drinks are a go! 
Tonight is a naihanchi night. 
Tomorrow we are going to the shrine with Sensei and we are going to do karate. What better way to kick off 2016... 

No comments:

Post a Comment