Saturday 5 December 2015

K1- WKF World Taikai

Today I got to see this:
Sports karate at its finest!
This is the Karate 1 premier league- like the F1 for karate. Most of my dojo was helping out with either translating or selling tickets and showing people where to go, I went along for the show because my Japanese isn't good enough to help out, it's cool though- my dojo buddies let me in for free and gave me posters and a programme! Happy days. 
There was a traditional okinawan dance and eisa demonstration before the kata final. 
I watched the ladies and men's kata final 
Very sharp kata. 
Saw the medal presentation...
And then stayed to watch a bit of the kumite to get a idea of the sports karate world as opposed to the traditional karate world which is all I've ever been exposed to. Well apart from videos. It's very different seeing it in person. 
It was a day of learning and new experiences. 




No comments:

Post a Comment