Sunday 20 December 2015

Karate Masters Shoot!!

So Friday was the day that James, Chris, Yuki and I went and visited two Amazong Sensei on Okinawa to shoot them for the karate masters project. 
In the morning James and I went running at 6.30am- a early and cold but good start! 
Then I went home for a shower and then met James at the bar. From there we went south to go and visit Nobuko Oshiro- the highest ranking female karateka in Okinawa. She is a 8th Dan in Shorin Ryu karate and is simply incredible. She is so welcoming and kind and gives off the grandma feel! Yet she performed the most impressive kata I've seen a lady do, so far. 
She took us for lunch to a really great little herb cafe with all locally grown fruits and veg- really great and healthy food. after that we went with her and her husband back to the dojo where we photographed them together and then onto the sugar cane field to get some pictures for the 'beyond the dojo' part of the project. 
The dojo was beautiful and had everything any karateka could ever need or want to aid training. I could spend hours there having a great time. In particular I really liked the way they store their sai!! 

I really really like this lady- she is a different kind of karate inspiration to me. The guys are amazing but this is different. 

In the afternoon we went to see Takamiyagi Sensei. He does Chinese Kung fu and shuri te. He gave me mikan so we're friends!! 
We went for dinner to the Greek food place together- he had never been there so it was nice for him to try new foods, I think he liked it! (Or at least he pretended well!) 


Then we went to work. We were late but hey, I was with the boss so no worries! 

We're all getting a cold- was bound to happen eventually but one by one, everyone's sniffling and sneezing everywhere. Let's see what happens this week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment