Sunday 27 December 2015

Christmas!

 This was something I wasn't looking forward to. Christmas has never been the best time- usually stressful and tense or lonely and working. 
However this year that was going to change. 
The first good thing was that we decided to close the bar in the end because of the karate demonstration in the evening. Then James said we would do dinner at his house. He bought the chicken and veg and I bought all the accessories! 
We cooked everything at the bar in the morning and then ate at lunchtime. 
We even did Christmas crackers. It's the little things... 
James came back with the most amazing coffee for me from the man across the road that grinds and roasts it himself too. 
Then we all watched elf together followed by avengers and karate practice for the evening. 
The demonstration was fun. I so thought James was going to kick me in the head when we did the wood breaking part too! 
 We found Santa. Then went back to James' to do Christmas pudding and custard. I don't even like Christmas pudding but setting it on fire is traditional and who doesn't like custard?!
Got home and facetimed dad. 
Perfect end to a really great day. 
It was a relaxed happy time with good food, good company, great karate. Couldn't ask for more. 
Just when I was expecting a crap Christmas, the opposite happens. 
Not because incredible things happened because it was just a normal kind of day, but because the people I'm around here really care and that really shows. 
Turns out that mr grinch, really isn't such a grinch after all... 
:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment