Tuesday 1 December 2015

Hard training...

Yesterday we all got a little carried away. Everyone came to practice last night and the energy was way up. We started doing kote kite and naturally I end up being partnered with Miyagi Senpai. They're making me strong, apparently. 
It hurts a lot but hopefully one day I will be hard as a rock like these guys. 
So I wake up today to a really nicely bruised leg and off I go to training again, thinking it would be okay because morning training is usually a little easier because it's a much smaller class. 
How wrong I was today. 
Just so everyone is aware we have come to the conclusion my legs aren't fat they are chunky and muscly and that's a good thing. At least that's what the karate guys tell me! (Think they're just being nice. I don't even care though!)
This picture is for those that think we just do kata and no real contact and training. This is quite regular, however the bruising is special because this is bruise on bruise after evening training followed by morning training. I wonder if the boys have bruises too... 
I'm hoping I will heal by Thursday!!!! 

I've decided I want to be good at karate. 
I've committed to it by coming here. 
Now I need to work hard and hopefully over time, I will achieve my goal. 

Not sure how I'll know when i get there though! 
I do know I'm learning and growing and having fun. 






No comments:

Post a Comment