Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 74

I was SO tired this morning- I made it to James' on my bike and then as we started the hill runs down the hill I completely lost my balance and fell down some of the hill. Managed to fall directly onto my hands- got some seriously sore grazed hands and my hip and knee- my knees aren't too bad because I had leggings on but there was quite a bit of blood from my hands. 
By this point I'm awake and full of adrenaline so I just keep running (imagine dory here "just keep swimming, just keep swimming") did 4 hill climbs as opposed to the usual 5 because the downs were much more cautious! 
Then washed my hands and did my best for the rest of the workout. 
I got to go with james today to teach a karate class to the children at a local school. It was a lot of fun! There was 2 hour long classes - they are learning Fukyugata Ichi, it was SO cool. These guys are the future of karate. 
Then we had lunch and went to Nishihara beach - it's nice there. On the way back we stopped by Gaja Sensei (uechi ryu) and got to see his dojo and he signed our books. We also got some rope for our makiwara tree. He is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. His dojo was amazing too. 
#signaturenumber3 
Then off to karate where my hands are now seriously painful. Even holding my handlebars on my bike really really hurts. We worked on a lot of kata and bunkai and then I worked with Sensei on Rohai and Gojushiho. I love it but again dripping with sweat. Ecstasy of sweating and hard work and all that, I'm feeling pain and hard work but so accomplished too- making progress. I love it. Amazing day. 
#sweat 

No comments:

Post a Comment