Tuesday 2 December 2014

Day 37

Karate this morning was just James, Miltos and me. It was good fun. We worked on walking basics, kicking and kata. I kicked James' leg (which was like kicking a tree) and rehurt my toe that was just starting to feel better!! Lesson learned- kick higher as I was told to next time. 
I was tired and still feeling sad this morning. Which now, seems a little silly because I should be on cloud 9 with my current set up; amazing family, amazing karate with the best in the world, and a job that is basically made for me. 

Then I went to the sports depot as James told me I had to get suitable shoes for waterfall hiking at the weekend, they were only 1000 yen and a size 24cm fits! They're basically shoes that you would wear in the sea when you go surfing etc. very suitable for hiking up a river to a waterfall! 
(And they're blue!) 
I then taught my English lesson with Kazu, who is doing so well- and even helps me with a little Japanese! 
Jesus came to the bar and also helped me with some Japanese tonight- turns out there's a LOT of people who will help me! :) 
I think I've made friends for life in this place. I love it. 
And I found a new game that will and has entertained me for hours. I'm going to get one of these! 
There's still a little bit of sadness in me but I have a LOT of people who are looking after me here. (James just lets me eat his burnt Christmas cake). 
To top it all off- my karate masters portraits book is in progress!  This is going to me the beginning of my very own project! (A expensive but SO worth it one!) 
Tomorrow the plan is to start practicing for the eki den run we have in 3 weeks- it's a team of 10 of us running 42km (I think!) as a relay! I'm going to head over to the budokan to see if I can still run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment