Wednesday 31 December 2014

Day 67- 1st January 2015!!

So we decided to give training a miss today because we didn't make it home until just before 4am. 
I still had to get up after just a few hours sleep though because we are going to the shrine with Sensei today! 
It was SO busy! But there was such a wonderful atmosphere! 
So you follow all the ques of people and wash your hands at the fountain then carry on up towards the shrine where you  pray for a healthy and happy year and throw the coins into the box. Then you move over to the next area where you have to eat a pinch of salt and drink some sake - to purify you ready for the year. 
It was an amazing experience in a wonderful place. One which I was lucky enough to share with Sensei and Miltos. 
I'm the way back down they had lots of food stalls where we had some beef skewers which were very nice!  We got to have some flavoured traditional doughnuts too! 
Then Sensei took us back up to his house where we met James and we cleaned the dojo. We gave it a proper clean. It looks amazing now- and we replaced the prayer for the year. 
Then we went up to Sensei's for lunch, we had some Amazing soup and sandwiches and fruit- followed by a traditional new year dish that everyone has on New Year's Day. 
I am SO lucky to be a part of such a fantastic group of people here who are giving me experiences and memories that I will treasure forever. 
I'm exhausted now so I'm having a nap! 
We are back to training first thing tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment