Sunday 7 December 2014

Day 42

Today was amazing. One of my best days I have had since i arrived. Got to live out some dreams today. 
The early start was difficult, especially after getting home after 3! Still, I've been excited about this day for the past week so I was awake and ready! 
We got to have a early breakfast at the bar where we had omelette- a perfect energy food for what was to come! 
I'm still not really into mornings, but James' coffee really helps and once we were on our way the excitement started!! 
So it took nearly 2 hours to get up to Tadake falls. 
We didn't take any cameras or anything with us because we were all in wetsuits etc and didn't want to get anything ruined as we were going to swim and climb etc! 
Unfortunately you will never see the incredible things I experienced today. (unless I go again with a camera or you come and have a go!) there were times I was speechless at the beauty of the waterfall and the river. It was incredible. 
We went right up the river to the falls, climbed to the top of the falls and carried on following the river for around 2 hours. It was amazing- there were trees and Tarzan ropes to swing from, parts of the river was deep enough to swim and rock climbing up and down the waterfall was both exhilarating and at times incredibly scary. I loved every single second of it. I walked behind a real waterfall, Tarzan swing from a rock across a river and bombed in and had the most fantastic time. 
We got some pictures right near the car. These are rubbish in comparison to the beauty that is laying further up the river. But you will get the idea!
Then we went to PIZZA IN THE SKY!!!! literally as the name suggests it is a pizza place at the top of a mountain. 
It was very cheesy and very delicious after our hike! 
After the amazing food with fabulous company and incredible view we continued on to Najikin Castle Ruins. It was beautiful. The sun was starting to go down and I was reminded how incredible this opportunity and being here and experiencing this is. 
On the way out we came across a guy who was selling his own homemade sugarcane juice/ syup- he made us some to try- literally this stuff and hot water- it was like drinking pure sugar! (It basically was!) I got a bottle for ¥1000 and am not quite sure what I'm going to use it for yet,  at the very least it makes a warming drink in the winter! 
We then got to the beach just as the sun set. 

I am the luckiest person in the most beautiful place in the world. 
Thank you to James for the most incredible day. 
:) 



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful, very lucky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing, very lucky. Xxx

    ReplyDelete