Friday 19 December 2014

Day 54

We went to Yomitan today. Cape Zanpa is beautiful. The Castle is amazing and I am very lucky to have James. I have my own personal tour guide and it is so fantastic, I'm learning a lot! 
I'm working my way through the list of world heratige sites. 
This is the castle that last years 100 kata event was held at. I am SO ready for next years one- I will be here in Okinawa for it. It's going to be incredible. 
Getting to walk along the top of the walls of the castle was fabulous. The view of everything was amazing- I like this castle. 
The pine trees here are amazing. Everything is perfect. 
We went to a local bakery right near a really huge old tree (I forgot the name of it!!) but the trunks and roots were incredible- all intertwined, something from a fairytale, where the pixies and tree urchins live!
In reality there's probably some huge spiders in there!
We had some good pizza for lunch, got to spend some time with Chris who is the other half of the Karate Masters Portraits Book- he is very cool, and his dog Bear is very very cute. 
Look at that ickle face!!! 
We were supposed to do one of the shoots for the next book but Sensei didn't finish work until late so we didn't get to do it today. Hopefully next week though and it was definately not a wasted trip with what we got to see and do today. 
Cape Zanpa had a few waves -but I hear they can get spectacular enough to wash people away! 
We saw Shinzato Sensei's shrine too. 
Another to add to the list- I didn't even know this one existed!! What a bonus Eh! 
I saw a dojo that is probably from the films. It was SO traditional and so beautifully built. 
This is looking out the dojo towards the exit. 
This is outside looking in! 
I got arty tonight- discovering sides of me I never knew I had! 
Today was SO much fun, very worth the early start! 
Sleep now as I'm sure another manic day awaits tomorrow! 
#livingmydream 





No comments:

Post a Comment