Monday 15 December 2014

Day 50

Today karate was the highlight of my day. I spent a couple of hours getting ready for my English Teachig class and also for karate tonight. I'm learning a new advanced kata- gojushiho- literally means 54 steps. It's one that whenever I've watched Sensei and the higher grades perform it I've always been in awe and never imagined myself being able to do it. 
Then again, I'm doing things every day here that I never thought I would be able to do. 
I'm learning such a huge amount about myself, my limits and my capabilities- I'm learning that most of the time- if I believe i can- I have a much better chance, and most likely I'll be able to do whatever it is with hard work and practice! 
My world is beginning to change and I love it. 
So, I've been learning and practicing Gojushiho for the past few classes and practicing outside of class. I kept getting stuck and confused and lost a LOT- tonight though, at the end of the class when Sensei made us demonstrate (right after making me sing jingle bells to him) I made it through the entire thing (correctly) all by myself! 
It is a million miles from perfect and still has a LOT of work to be done, but I think I've learnt the longest kata I've come across yet! 
I'm so proud and happy with where I'm at right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment