Thursday 6 November 2014

Day 10

So I moved most of my things to the guest house early this morning. Found it easy enough and I get to have my own room so that's great.  
We then had training at the budokan with Itokazu Sensei, that was great fun- we worked on the Bo and the Sai. He has also agreed to train me while I am here so hopefully my kobudo will make a big improvement! 
By the time we had finished with Itokazu Sensei it was about 3pm so we had missed breakfast and lunch- therefore cake was in order: 
Had a little time to rest before training with Arakaki Sensei- tonight was extra special and possibly the proudest moment I've had yet. Sensei presented me with my black belt, The whole class was very surreal after that, I kept catching glimpses of myself in the mirror and really feeling as though someone was going to come up to me and tell me to stop messing about and take it off, memories of each of my gradings and belt presentations up to this one kept flashing through my head all the while I was trying to focus and learn from what Arakaki Sensei was teaching. It was emotional and all that I expected it to be. A night I won't ever forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment