Wednesday 12 November 2014

Day 17

I had another late start because I seem to be incapable of sleeping before 3 am- even on nights where im exhausted from training- getting to sleep is a problem!! Still, I didn't have anything planned this morning so dragged myself out of bed at 11am! 
I had a meeting about teaching English at a local English school at 2pm so I went and found some breakfast- today I decided on a crepe-
I got banana and chocolate and made friends with the guy in the shop- he does kickboxing and loves England- his English was very good- unlike my non existent japanese! 
Still I decided I am going to get Arakaki Sensei a Get well soon card and find some books today so off I went to Junkudo which is a very big bookshop with 5 floors! It took me 2 hours but I found the perfect books! 
I got 2 workbooks and a couple of phrase/ dictionaries:
So now I'm learning the hiragana alphabet- ah, ee, ooh, eh, oh is as far as I've made it so far! Still I think with a hour or 2 a day I'll start picking it up - If I can stick to all my other schedules then this one should fit in well too! 
Christmas is arriving on Okinawa! This year will be strange! Hopefully a good strange though! 
I've got karate practice with Miltos tonight as Arakaki Sensei has had Shoulder surgery today, I have an hour or so to chill/ learn more alphabet before I'll be out again.


No comments:

Post a Comment