Saturday 1 November 2014

Day 6

I'm not actually sure I've got these days right! Have I been here for only 6 days?! We have done so much in that time! 
Today was day 2 of the seminar, we went through Fukyugata Ni and Ananku. This morning Arakaki Sensei was teaching and the afternoon session was taken by Tome Sensei. Another brilliant but very tiring day! 
Right after the seminar Arakaki Sensei invited us back to his house to train for the grading tomorrow. We have been lucky enough to partner Arakaki Sensei's brother in Fukyugata ichi bunkai so we had the opportunity to hone that and practice kata again. 
We are Simply too tired to carry on. This was on the way to train some more after the seminar. 

Turned out to be another brilliant session, I absolutely stink and I hurt more than I ever remember hurting last time we are thinking of starting a bruise gallery. There are plenty enough to make a book. The Sensei are the nicest people ever, after training we had 'melon bread' it was basically a sugar bread so I'm really not sure where the melon part fits in but it was so needed after training so much and not having the chance to eat. 

We went for dinner after class, check out some of the options (zoom in and you can read the fantastic choice I had!) 


I went for the vegetable noodles: 
And there was purple sweet potato fried things- it was edible, I'll have to learn to like it eh. 

In between all of this action, there was another gorgeous sunset. What a beautiful place to be. 

I better go to sleep, very early start and am attempting to grade tomorrow so the more rest and recovery the better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment