Friday 21 November 2014

Day 25 part 2

This afternoon was my first English lesson with the small English school in Naha (James set us up) they want me just to have English conversation once a month with a couple of thier students. It was really good fun.
Then off to karate with Arakaki Sensei. We went early to the Ozato Dojo where I got to help teach the children. They were SO cute! Then a bit of a break and a chance to talk to Sensei (over more cake!) and then adult class. Another intense and very sweaty class but I love it. 
I'm not feeling any kind of improvement or difference yet- if anything I am now trying to live up to the belt I now wear. It's like going from primary school to secondary school,it's a tough time!! 
Then again as dad says,if I keep trying hard, do the best I can and be kind to people and animals, I won't go too far wrong! 
Sensei has said Friday is for a good rest- I'm not so sure! Off to the Budokan for some extra application type training with James and whoever else fancies joining us! 
I need to get SO much faster! At the end of today's class I had to do Rohai and Pinan Shodan Bunkai with Toshimune-San and Miyagi-San - I felt SO rubbish next to the two of them- they were brilliant (they have been doing karate longer than I have been alive)- still if I keep training with them, a little might just rub off on me! On the plus side, they think I'm strong! 



No comments:

Post a Comment